Matas Library Interlibrary loan service obtains journal articles and books which are unavailable through the Matas Library for Tulane Health Sciences students, faculty and staff. Log into your interlibrary loan account with your Tulane technology account (email username and password) to request documents. Look for the icon on articles to see the option to request articles from interlibrary loan when content is not available online.
- Log in with your Tulane Credentials (email user name and password)
- If you request a book the Library that has in print, you will be notified via email that the request will be canceled.
- We only borrow books or journals from other libraries within the United States.
- You can request a journal article, a book or other materials using your interlibrary loan online account. Fill out the form with the request information. Include the PMID number from PubMed if available. If an article does not have a PMID or UI from PubMed, record the database where the item was located in the Notes field.
- Requests are usually processed the same day they are submitted. Turn around time for documents is about 1-2 days, unless an item is difficult to find. Books usually take about a week.
- Documents are available from the interlibrary loan online account. You will receive an email notifying you that the document is available for download. Login to your account and scroll to “View/Download Electronic Articles”.
- Documents will be in pdf format and remain in ILLiad for 30 days. If you accidently delete a document please notify the office.
- This is a free service, with some exceptions due to copyright .
- Call 504-988-2413 for RUSH articles for patient care.