Answered By: Adam Beauchamp Last Updated: Jul 20, 2017 Views: 368
Howard-Tilton Memorial Library is committed to providing a safe, pleasant, and productive environment for all visitors. Research and study sometimes requires snack and beverages, but food and drink can be can be distracting to those not enjoying it. We ask all our visitors to be mindful of others around you while enjoying snacks and beverages. Here are some food and beverage guidelines we ask all visitors to adhere to:
- Alcohol is prohibited in the building.
- Covered beverages are permitted throughout Howard-Tilton Memorial Library with the following exceptions: Special Collections, Rare Books, and the Latin American Library Seminar Room.
- Food is permitted throughout Howard-Tilton Memorial Library but be mindful of those around you:
- Food that is crunchy, crinkly, or aromatic can be especially distracting. Enjoy these foods in the student lounge or outside under the oaks.
- Meals with your friends should be enjoyed in the student lounge.
- No food is permitted in Special Collections, Rare Books, and the Latin American Library Seminar Room.
- Throw all your trash and recycling in the bins located throughout the building.
- Report any spills immediately to the Check Out Desk or to the front desk in the Administrative Office.
- Wash your hands after eating to avoid transferring food particles to the furniture, computers, and books in the library.
Your colleagues will thank you and we thank you for adhering to these guidelines.